[CentOS] 3TB disk with 6.0.4 not booting

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:06:53 UTC 2013

Am 05.11.2013 um 05:41 schrieb Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Keith Keller <
> kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-11-05, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It boots fine with os x 10.6.3.
>>
>> OS X is already aware of UEFI and GPT, so it makes perfect sense that
>> it'd boot correctly on its own hardware.  You may wish to consider using
>> a tool like rEFIt (http://refit.sourceforge.net/) or rEFInd
>> (http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/installing.html#installsh) to help
>> manage booting linux on your Mac.
>>
>> --keith
>>

> I did install refit. I use it all the time with dual boot macs (os
> x/windows) in a student lab I have configured.  I installed refit and
> enabled it (ran enable.sh in /efi/refit), but for some reason refit does
> not even show up when booting.  I pressed alt, to check what I could boot
> from, but if I select the "Windows" partition to boot from (windows always
> shows there with any other os to boot from), it starts booting, then ends
> up with a blinking cursor at the top left.

the osx partition has in this case two boot options, osx and refit.
You have to tell the firmware what to boot.

bless --folder /efi/refit --file /efi/refit/refit.efi --labelfile /efi/refit/refit.vollabel --setBoot

to revert it

bless --folder /System/Library/CoreServices --file /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi --setBoot

from within refit centos can be booted ...

--
LF