[CentOS] logical volume and drive names after mirroring a centos installation via rsync

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 19:42:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Why didn't you just remove the disk from server A and perform a dd of
> server B's disk onto the sdb disk that was in server A?  Then you don't
> have to do anything as the disks are exact replica of each other.

Thank you for your suggestion. I did not do it the way you suggested for
three reasons:

1) server B is a production server and I wanted to avoid as much downtime
as possible

2) server B is running with SAS drives and server A is running with SATA
drives

3) I want to create a way to mirror the server B system to another hard
drive not just this one time but periodically also in the future in
automatized way

Regards,
Peter