[CentOS] Tuning MySQL - what's the best place for mysqld parameters?

Alexander Farber

alexander.farber at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 09:37:19 UTC 2013

Hello CentOS users,

for a Wordpress website I have installed
mysql-server-5.1.69-1.el6_4.x86_64 and
run /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation on
a CentOS 6.4 machine with mucho RAM (32 GB)
and I wonder, what would be the best place
for the mysqld parameters descibed at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/server-parameters.html

mysqld_safe --key_buffer_size=64M --table_open_cache=256 \
           --sort_buffer_size=4M --read_buffer_size=1M &

Should I just edit the file /etc/init.d/mysqld or is
there a better place in CentOS for that (under sysconfig?)

Thanks
Alex