[CentOS] Using CentOS Wordpress rpms

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Nov 12 00:39:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:05:52 -0500 (EST)
> Max Pyziur wrote:
>
>> I already have it. I would like to know what are the conventions for using
>> it, vs installing wordpress on a case-by-case basis from tarballs.
>
> I think you need to define your question a bit more clearly.  If you
> already have the rpm installed, why do you think that you should also
> "install wordpress on a case-by-case basis from tarballs"?

I'm sure that I expressed the question correctly in my original email;
here it is again:

####################

Greetings,

Apologies for my seeming daft naivete.

I'm wondering if there any sort of conventions for using Wordpress on
CentOS?

Generally until now, I have had users install Wordpress from tarballs on a
case-by-case basis. This means that you can have several different
versions of WordPress operating on
a site.

With the RPM you have a version that can be consistent across multiple
websites on one server.

Is this done through the use of symlinks, or is there some other,
additional magic that gets put to use.

I've done a little searching of the Google genie, but I'm only led to
webpages outlining installing Wordpress from tarballs.

So, I can follow the necessary instructions for installing Wordpress from
tarballs. But I run a multi-user, multi-virtual host server. Consequently,
I'm wondering if it is possible to use the wordpress centos rpms, and
utilize a mechanism such as symlinks for the sake of consistency and
upgrades?

Thanks.

Max