[CentOS] Mysql databases from old system?

Marios Zindilis marios at zindilis.com
Fri Nov 15 12:23:16 UTC 2013

MySQL is usually confined in /var/lib/mysql, so if you move the /etc/my.cnf
and the /var/lib/mysql from the old server to the new one, you should be
able to start the server normally, otherwise you should get some useful
errors.

A typical error in such case is MySQL files ownership/permissions.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Last week I had a hard disk failure on my CentOS server.
> I managed to re-install CentOS on a new disk.
> I have the old mysql databases from /var/lib/mysql .
> Can I just move them to my new disk?
>
> Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland

Marios Zindilis