[CentOS] Emacs 24 on CentOS 6.4

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Tue Nov 19 14:58:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 06:45:39PM -0600, Carson Chittom wrote:
> So I again attempted to compile the emacs-24.2 SRPM, but apparently the
> version of autoconf (2.63) in CentOS was too low (the emacs SRPM
> expected 2.69), which caused the build to fail.
>
> If anyone's curious, I have placed a log of the build at
> http://www.wistly.net/emacs-build.log

Hi,

1) for a quick and dirty solution, I would manually build/install autoconf
>=2.68 on the side (./configure --prefix=/opt/autoconf/2.68) , modify the
builder default PATH to have the new autoconf first, and rebuid your emacs
version.

or
2) also rebuild autoconf from fc19, replace the CentOS version during the rebuild stage, revert to the stock autoconf.

either way, you will end up maintaining emacs24 for the next years :)

Cheers,

Tru

--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)