[CentOS] CentOS LiveCD on USB

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Tue Nov 19 17:07:09 UTC 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:

> I had already gotten rid of rghb. The grub2 entry on the key for booting the
> LiveCD reads:
> [...]
> linux /CentOS-Live/isolinux/vmlinuz0 root=UUID=A352-6D7C ro liveimg nodiskmount nolvmmount selinux=disabled live_dir=/CentOS_Live/LiveOS

D'Oh!  It was obvious right after I sent the message; underscore instead of dash in
live_dir.  Sigh. HOWEVER, even after correcting that, it STILL doesn't boot; same
exact message as before.  I have a suspicion that it's not finding the USB key
during the device scan, given that I can't find the USB key in /dev in rdshell.

Possibly a hardware incompatibility? (I haven't been able to test a LiveCD in
the optical drive yet, but will do so now.)

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory