[CentOS] SSSD with 389DS

Mitja Mihelič

mitja.mihelic at arnes.si
Fri Nov 22 15:28:14 UTC 2013

Hi!

We are setting up an environment with two 389DS configured as
master-consumer. The DIT holds about 70.000 user records.
A couple of other machines running SSSD will be using the 389DS setup
for all user info lookups that would normally go to passwd/shadow.
There are also other applications that will be querying the 389DS for
various other user data.
All servers are running CentOS6.

In total I would estimate that SSSD would be handling about 400 queries
per second.

How should I configure SSSD to get the most out of it?
Cache refreshes, (negative) timeouts, expirations, enumerations?

Regards, Mitja

Mitja Mihelič
ARNES, Tehnološki park 18, p.p. 7, SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
tel: +386 1 479 8877, fax: +386 1 479 88 78