[CentOS] Postfix relay on Comcast

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 08:00:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com> wrote:
> How to get postfix working on CentOS 6 and Comcast. Recently, they've
> changed their policies regards email relay and require authentication
> even to send email. (they no longer use IP address ranges, presumably in
> an attempt to curb outgoing SPAM)
>
> I didn't see an updated howto anywhere on the Interwebs, thought I'd
> point out what I had to do. The part that had me stumped for longer than
> I care to admit was having to install cyrus-sasl-plain rpm - EL5
> apparently had that installed as part of the cyrus-sasl package.

search keywords gave ample links with pretty much the same documents

Here is one specifically for CentOS with GMail as smtp smart host.
Replace Gmail smtp host with Comcast smtp host and change port 587 if
Comcast is using something different.

<http://blog.earth-works.com/2013/05/14/postfix-relay-using-gmail-on-centos/>

HTH,
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device