[CentOS] X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Nov 25 01:08:24 UTC 2013

I'd like to run SELinux on my CentOS server in enforcing mode,
but I get the above message when I run sealert.
I assume this is because I am accessing the server from my laptop?

In any case, I googled for the message,
and this threw up dozens of similar queries over many years.
Most of the ones I read offered methods of avoiding the problem
rather than solving it.

Am I right in thinking the message arises from my remote connection?
And if so, is there a simple solution?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net