[CentOS] CentOS 6 : Network Interface Naming

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Mon Nov 25 22:08:25 UTC 2013

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules is your friend

the device names defined in there are set nice and early during boot,
well before any ifcfg scripts

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd                            (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925