[CentOS] Machine check events

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Wed Nov 27 18:32:15 UTC 2013

On further, further, further toying, I now have mcelog running on my 32-bit
CentOS 6 systems! I admit to doing it the "dumb" way: I grabbed the source
from the git repository, compiled and installed it, and THEN discovered
that the init.d file supplied with the source was not CentOS compatible, so
I grabbed the x86-64 RPM, extracted the startup files, and copied them into
place. The RPM was small enough to make this easy.

What I SHOULD have done is to grab the source RPM, replace the source with
the latest source, build and install the source RPM, and then repackage the
RPMs again for future consumption.  Maybe I will try that at a future date, but
I don't really have time today.

-G.

--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory