[CentOS] Question on list of packages on centos 7

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Nov 27 23:56:59 UTC 2013

On 27/11/13 18:37, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Is there a way to get a list of packages AND version of that package
> in centos/redhat 7? Perhaps from one a beta of 7 or something?
>
> I searched for "list of packages in redhat 7" and I can get a list
> but the list did not have any version information just the
> package name and description.
>
> Not off topic just "future" topic.
>
> Thanks, everyone have a great Thanksgiving!
>
> jerry

I'm sure you know, but Red Hat doesn't announce anything about the
contents of future releases until the day they are released. They
reserve the right to change anything at any time. So it's effectively
impossible to answer this question.

If you're looking for rough guidelines, I'd say to look at the packages
in F18/F19, but even then, it's only a very rough look.

--
Digimer
access to education?