[CentOS] [SOLVED] Suspend Failure on Toshiba Portege R935

Sun Nov 17 07:46:15 UTC 2013
Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is USB. I have an external keyboard+mouse connected by USB
> and if I remove it I can successfully suspend and resume. If I plug in
> a USB MIDI keyboard, again, I cannot suspend. So it seems any USB
> connection breaks suspend.

It seems I have fixed the problem!

If I disable the following things in the BIOS, suspend / resume works:

  USB Legacy Emulation: disabled
  Bluetooth: disabled
  Web Camera: disabled
  Internal USB3.0 Controller: disabled

I don't know which one was responsible. My guess would be USB 3.0. But
it's 3 AM and I have to give up and declare victory.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. Otherwise, sorry for the noise.

Mike