[CentOS] Saving Workspace State

Sun Nov 17 20:05:12 UTC 2013
Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com>

Is there a way to save the position and workspace locations of at
least terminals on logout?

I want to have many workspaces with 2-3 terminals each for editing
code and scripts and ssh and so on.

The System > Preferences > Startup Applications > Options >
Automatically remember running applications when logged out doesn't
work. And gnome-session-save doesn't work either.

I used to use Fedora 14 and it saved the session state fine. But now I
cannot recall how to do it. I know GNOME 3 removed that code (the
GNOME developers now believe that the applications should remember
their own state) but I was hoping CentOS still has this capability.

Is it possible to save GNOME desktop session state in CentOS 6?

Mike