[CentOS] rsyslog not loading relp

Mon Nov 4 14:49:37 UTC 2013
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 05:32:53PM -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>> 1968.101297470:7f2b4eda1700: Requested to load module 'imuxsock'
>> 1968.101300039:7f2b4eda1700: Module 'imuxsock' already loaded
>
> Well the good news is that the libraries are all good.  There's no failure
> there.  I think it's a compatibility issue causing a module to be
> loaded twice.  Try running
>   rsyslogd -n -N1
> (without the "-d").  That might give you some more readable format data

      And a much smaller output:

[root at scan log]# rsyslogd -n -N1
rsyslogd: version 5.8.10, config validation run (level 1), master
config /etc/rsyslog.conf
rsyslogd: WARNING: rsyslogd is running in compatibility mode.
Automatically generated config directives may interfer with your
rsyslog.conf settings. We suggest upgrading your config and adding -c5
as the first rsyslogd option.
rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following
directive to rsyslog.conf: ModLoad immark
rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following
directive to rsyslog.conf: MarkMessagePeriod 1200
rsyslogd: Warning: backward compatibility layer added to following
directive to rsyslog.conf: ModLoad imuxsock
rsyslogd: End of config validation run. Bye.
[root at scan log]#

> Hmm, do you have
>   $ActionFileDefaultTemplate
> in your config twice?

      Don't think so:

[root at scan log]# fgrep ActionFileDefaultTemplate /etc/rsyslog.conf
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
[root at scan log]#

Is it me or it feels like there is another config file being read,
which would explain duplicates? but, if it not /etc/rsyslog.* nor
/etc/sysconfig/rsyslog, I do not know where it is.

> Check also the /etc/rsyslogd.d/*.conf files (possibly
> /etc/rsyslog.d/remote-hosts.conf ) for issues.

      I really have nobody else but rsyslog.conf here:

[root at scan log]# ls -ld /etc/rsyslog.*
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 3276 Nov  3 23:54 /etc/rsyslog.conf
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Oct  6 12:46 /etc/rsyslog.d
You have mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at scan log]#

Probably should split and create a few files in rsyslog.d but not today. ;)