[CentOS] [OT] Building a new backup server

Tue Nov 5 22:16:13 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Yeah, I know, we're trying to move stuff around, that's not infrequent,
> given the amount of data my folks generate.

And that's the other place that backuppc will help.  If you move a
file that is already in an existing backup, backuppc's rsync will copy
it over the network because it doesn't have a match in that location,
but when it goes to add the compressed copy to the pool it will notice
that there is already a file with identical content there and use a
hardlink instead of needing additional space.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com