[CentOS] Workaround for (EL6.4) rdesktop-1.6.0-10 Woe

Thu Nov 7 19:35:26 UTC 2013
Cal Webster <cwebster at ec.rr.com>

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 19:17 +0000, James Pearson wrote:
> Cal Webster wrote:
> >
> > In short, rdesktop 1.6.0-10 is buggy and unstable. See this upstream bug
> > report for more:
>
> There are more recent versions of rdesktop available via 3rd party repos e.g. <http://pkgs.repoforge.org/rdesktop/>
>
> No idea if they fix your problem - but probably worth a try?
>
> James Pearson

The Fedora package we used is the best choice since (1) it has already
proven to fix the issues as cited in the bug report, and (2) Fedora is
the source for upstream vendor packages anyway.

I like to stay away from 3rd party repos as much as possible to avoid
overlap. CentOS and EPEL have most everything our sites need. If there
is something we really need that's not in one of those, we'll rebuild
the source and put it in our custom LocalCentos repo.