[CentOS] CentOS still dies on me

Thu Nov 21 15:27:04 UTC 2013
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2013, at 11:12 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2013 7:40 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>> Might this have something to do with the following boot message?:
>>> Starting virt-who: Traceback (most recent call last):

>> random centos6.4 system I looked at doesn't even have a directory
>> /usr/share/virt-who, so this must be part of some optional package not
>> required for centos to load and operate….
>
> Well, I just installed a fresh CentOS 6.4 system, and selected the 'Software Development Workstation' type in the install.

I did likewise.

> I see the same message and have that package installed, with no third-party repos enabled.
>
> And my system is working fine; Michael, I don't think this is your issue.

Agreed.
That leaves at least two questions:
How do I test whether the recent kernels do not like my computer?
How do I make the virt-who stuff go away?
If I ever get my computer to work again,
I'd prefer to not have it as a distraction,
even if it is otherwise harmless.

As mentioned, I have an F14 install that seems to work,
but is no longer update-able.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily