[CentOS] died again

Mon Nov 25 15:44:54 UTC 2013
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Michael Hennebry
<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013, John R Pierce wrote:
>
>> On 11/24/2013 9:45 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>> CentOS 6.4 died on me again.
>>
>> only time that has EVER happened to me, on dozens and dozens of systems,
>> has been when there's been a serious hardware problem.
>
> I really do not know whether to hope you are correct.
> On one hand a new computer would be expensive.
> On the other, if it's something else,
> my diagnostic skills are clearly not up to the task.

      Keep an eagle eye on dmesg and the logs. If you can, bring
machine down and run memtest86 for a few hours (say, when you go to
bed or is out partying). Also, *sometimes* the messages log might say
something interesting. But I would start with dmesg.

There are some HD tests you can make but honestly I can't pull them
off the fuzzy mist that is my head. Hardware or software raid?