[CentOS] Ultrabook for CentOS?

Wed Nov 27 20:48:57 UTC 2013
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 27/11/13 13:26, Nux! wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to buy an ultrabook. Any recommendations for something that
> would work out of the box more or less?
> I do not want a Chromebook (or anything ARM) or one of these new
> "touch" laptops, in fact I'm after a nice matte screen. Budget is
> modest-ish (£500/$800) so dont go crazy. :)
>
> Thanks!

Dell XPS 13 ultrabook works fine with RHEL6/CentOS6 out of the box. It
does have a glossy screen though.

You can get some very good prices on refurbished models through Dell
Outlet for around the £500 mark as opposed to over £1000 new. You should
be able to pick up a Core i5, 8GB RAM, SSD and full HD display for
around £500 but you sometimes have to wait for the exact spec you want
to become available (and they do get snapped up quickly).