[CentOS] died again

Thu Nov 28 10:29:59 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/26/2013 3:58 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> $300 desktops? Where?

how about under $100 for a complete desktop?

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?nm_mc=EMC-SD112013&cm_mmc=EMC-SD112013-_-SD112813-_-item-_-83-155-932&et_cid=3212&et_rid=117069

you'll need to subscribe to newegg's shellshocker list before you can
order it, and this deal is only 'visible' and valid from 3-6pm PST
tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day), its a refurb Dell OptiPlex GX740 stripped
model, miditower with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ dual core 2Ghz, 2GB ram,
80GB HD, keyboard, mouse.   For $95 (after a $10 mail-in-rebate).
I'd want to add at least 4GB more memory (it will take max 4 x 2GB ==
8GB DDR2 dimms... I suspect it comes with 2 x 1GB), and  my existing
SATA disks (it has 4 SATA ports).