[CentOS] Historical Data related to CPU,IO and Memory

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 12:35:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
> <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any utilities or tools to look at historical data of Memory,
> CPU
> > Utilization or IO activity on CentOS 6.4 or 5.9 Version? For example the
> > how much the memory was consumed for the period of last six months.

Back in March we had a thread on monitoring software [0].
You might find a solution in that thread that better suits your environment.

[0] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-March/133381.html

>  >

> It might be overkill for a single box, but tools like OpenNMS will
> collect this info from any number of targets via snmp and let you
> graph the history up to a year back.

And there are other trend graphing applications like Cacti that will give
you the same sort of historical data.  Data points are also collected via
SNMP, but if you write custom scripts Cacti can use you're not limited to
just things exported via SNMP.

[But extensibility via scripts is common to most open source software and
exporting data points via SNMP is a best practice.]

> --
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikesell at gmail.com

Mike