[CentOS] C6: kickstart problems with additional repo

Rainer Traut

tr.ml at gmx.de
Tue Oct 8 15:42:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm kickstarting a vm in ESXi 5.1.

ks.cfg is on floppy, install media is ISO file.

This works great as long as I don't add an additional repo, in our case
it is vmware tools on one of our webservers.

If I add the repo line, anaconda asks then for the used network card and
indeed, switching to console the interfaces are still unconfigured.
Chosing eth0 in gui continues the installation!

This is the relevant part of ks.cfg

install
cdrom
lang de_DE.UTF-8
keyboard de-latin1
skipx

network --onboot yes --device eth0 --bootproto static
--ip=192.168.200.28 --netmask=255.255.255.0 --gateway=192.168.200.1
--nameserver=192.168.200.9
--noipv6
network --onboot no --device eth1 --bootproto static --noipv6
network --onboot no --device eth2 --bootproto static --noipv6

repo --name=vmware51
--baseurl=http://xxx/repo/vmware/5.1/rhel6Server-x86_64/

I'm beginning to think the problem is, my install media is ISO and I
have an additional http repo which is not available in this stage...

Is there any workaround?

Thx
Rainer