[CentOS] Sendmail not presenting AUTH option after EHLO

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Wed Oct 9 14:17:33 UTC 2013

On Oct 9, 2013, at 3:33 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>> Make sure you have the sendmail-cf package installed,
>> else the .cf files can't be rebuild based on modified .mc files. Make
>> too sure that you have the necessary cyrus-* packages installed.

Yes, got those.

[root at pennzoil mail]# yum list installed | grep sendmail
sendmail.x86_64                      8.14.4-8.el6                     @base
sendmail-cf.noarch                   8.14.4-8.el6                     @base
sendmail-milter.x86_64               8.14.4-8.el6                     @base

[root at pennzoil mail]# yum list installed | grep cyrus
cyrus-sasl.x86_64                    2.1.23-13.el6_3.1                @updates
cyrus-sasl-lib.x86_64                2.1.23-13.el6_3.1                @updates

> FEATURE(`no_default_msa', `dnl')dnl
>   -> this is default in the sendmail.mc shipped with CentOS
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl
>   -> this is commented out with a leading dnl in default sendmail.mc
>      the important part is the modifier "M=Ea": the "a" bit enforces the
> requirement for AUTH on the MSA (port 587)

Yes, I have those lines enabled as well.  I can connect SSL to 587, but just not getting the AUTH capability.

--Chris