[CentOS] VNCserver not starting due to errors

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Wed Oct 9 15:54:35 UTC 2013

I'm very sorry...I accidentally deleted a response to my email, and it was
a good one. Someone (Frank C.?) stated that it should be
straightforward...do a few things, and BAM! It just works!

And that is exactly what I have experienced with CentOS 5. But with
6...it's like pulling teeth. I followed the smae instructions that got me
working with 5...I don't know why I am getting the errors with 6.

Gilbert

> Where do you get an "if" and "else" in the /etc/sysconfig/vncservers
file?

> All you really need is one line.  For example, here is  what it says
> in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers on one system that I log into all the time:
>
> VNCSERVERS="1:frankcox"
>
> That's it and that's all, folks.  If you're trying to do something else
your
> problem is with that something else, not with vncserver.

I just did this...and I get the same error message. (Shrug)