[CentOS] 3.11.5 kernel compile

Terre Porter tporter at webpage-builders.com
Mon Oct 14 20:22:36 UTC 2013

I tried the reboot=pci, same result ...

The system doesn't power off, it just sits there. I have to hold the power
button in for it to shut down.

It works in Fedora, Ubuntu, and the new kernel. However, I hate the changes
in Fedora (all the init.d stuff changes) and Ubuntu I haven't used enough to
be comfortable to use in a firewall machine.

I'd be willing to try anything if you have some ideas.

Here is the shutdown text I receive; this was when I had the acpi debug
flags enabled.

Sending all processes the TERM signal...
Sendng all processes the KILL signal...
Saving random seed:
Syncing hardware clock to system time
Turning off quotas:
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /dev/.initramfs/live: device is busy.
                (In some cases useful info about processes that use
                 the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(11))
init: Re-executing /sbin/init
Halting System...
r8169 0000:02:00.0: PME# enabled
ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S5
ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [PPTS] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed
[\_SB_.PCI0.SBRG.EPTS] (Node fff88019dbc8c68), AE_NOT_FOUND
ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\PTS_] (Node
ffff88019d043560), AE_NOT_FOUND
ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_PTS] (Node
ffff88019dbcf9e8), AE_NOT_FOUND
Disabling non-boot CPUS...
SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
Power Down.