[CentOS] 3rd party repositories

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Oct 19 12:16:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 02:06:00PM +0200, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 19.Okt.2013, at 05:05, John R Pierce wrote:
>
> php seems to be one of the things where upstreams backporting strategy
> did not fit anymore.

Hard to backport when there is nothing to backport _from_.  Upstream 5.1
has been dead for a long time.

As far as sane php I strongly urge anyone wanting modern php on C5 to
use IUS and not the junk that Red Hat pushed for as their 5.3.3.  IUS
did things right, Red Hat... not so much.

							John
--
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns
out that God hates all the same people you do.

-- Anne Lamott (10 April 1954-), American author, Bird by Bird