[CentOS] kvm cluster w/ c6

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Oct 20 15:55:29 UTC 2013

Am Sat, 19 Oct 2013 23:22:12 -0700
schrieb John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>:

> In our development lab, I am installing 4 new servers, that I want to
> use for hosting KVM.   each server will have its own direct attached
> raid.   I'd love to be able to 'pool' this storage, but over gigE, I
> probably shouldn't even try.

I'm not sure if somebody has re-built RHEV on CentOS (couldn't find it
with a quick google-search).

RHEV = http://www.redhat.com/products/cloud-computing/virtualization/

Then, on top of that you'd need RedHat Storage Server. It's a
stabilized build of GlusterFS with Enterprise-Support - and
Enterprise-price...

Also, you could try OpenStack - but I'm not sure if it's worth the
hassle and if four noodes is actually enough to have a usable setup.

RedHat Storage Server recommends 10G ethernet, BTW.

For your setup, I'd invest more in the hardware itself (redundant PSU,
more redundancy in the disks, more powerful RAID-controller with
battery-backed cache, the more hardware is hot-pluggable, the better
etc..)

Oh, and I'd love to hear success-stories of people who actually use
RHEV+RHSS.
Any kind of distributed storage, actually.