[CentOS] - multiple virtual host on httpd

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Oct 20 22:54:19 UTC 2013

On 10/20/2013 3:42 PM, Paolo De Michele wrote:
> how I do to set a mutiple virtual host on httpd configuration?
> I need to host multiple sites with the same IP address
>
> what must be the httpd.conf configuration file and into/etc/httpd/conf.d/?

all changes should be put in a file, sitename.conf in the conf.d
directory, no changs to httpd.conf are needed at all.   you can use one
.conf file for all your virtual hosts, or one per host, its strictly
your preference.

the specific settings for virtualhosts are detailed in most any
documentation on the apache httpd web server.

for instance,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/