[CentOS] VNC

Peter Schneider pschneider1968 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:42:59 UTC 2013

Am 20.10.2013 00:56, schrieb Larry Martell:

> I had posted last week about trying to get VNC working. I was never
> successful nor were multiple admins. But we realized that all the hosts we
> tried on were VMs.

[...]

Don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I always set up VNC on my
CentOS/OEL VMs running under VMWare as well as under Oracle VM server
according to a HowTo I found some time ago on a Citrix blog:

http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/09/25/centos-on-xenserver-6/

bullets 4) - 12).

In short, this runs VNC as an on-request service via xinetd. Multiple
simultanoues connections are possible. Perhaps you might want to give it a try.

HTH
Peter

--
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,