[CentOS] HP proliant bl460c G7 on CentOS

Erick Ocrospoma

zipper1790 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:25:33 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I have installed CentOS on an hp proliant blade server, bl 460c g7, after
installing I've seen that network is not working properly. It recognises
around 8 interfaces (?), mii-tool says that there is not any link present
on those, and there's only 2 NIC' per bay.

I've searched on Hp support page but there's only one driver for storage.
Does anybody has had the same trouble with this model? They are new
servers, firmware (of blade) is updated.

An HP guy said that there wasn't problems by installing Redhat, in contrast
with CentOS HP brings every single driver (maybe I could use it).

The output of lspci

lspci | grep Eth
Ethernet Controller: Emulex corporation One connect 10GB NIC (be3) (rev01)

I have installed the kit that Emulex brings for CentOS from its webpage,
but, again, I don't know why it shows 8 interfaces when there are only 2
NICs and 2 iscsi for HBA.

Thanks.