[CentOS] ZFS on Linux in production?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Oct 24 23:17:01 UTC 2013

Am 25.10.2013 um 00:47 schrieb John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>:

>> Wow. Couldn't he have the same results by putting all the home
>> directories on a single ZFS partition?
>
> I believe he wanted quotas per user.   ZFS quotas were only implemented
> at the file system level, at least as of whatever version he was running
> (I don't know if thats changed, as I never mess with quotas).

User and group quotas have been possible for some time.

ZFS is cool. But there are a lot of issues and stuff that needs to be tuned but is difficult to find out if it needs to be tuned.

Especially, if you run into performance-problems.

Once you have some experience with it, I recommend reading this blog:
http://nex7.blogspot.ch

and of course, the FreeNAS forum, where you can read about stuff like that:

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/1531

On the surface, ZFS is great. But god help you if you run into problems.