[CentOS] Ddclient: is this a problem?

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Oct 30 10:53:03 UTC 2013

I'm running ddclient on a remote CentOS server (with dynamic IP address).
About twice a day I get email from ddclient saying
"TIMEOUT: checkip.dyndns.org after 120 seconds".

As far as I can see, ddclient checks the IP address every 10 minutes.
So can I assume that ddclient got the address the next time it tried?

I looked at the Perl source, but couldn't really disentangle it.

Ps: I'm one of those getting free dyndns service
provided I login every month.
I'm wondering if this service is going to stop sometime soon?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net