[CentOS] XFS quotas not working at all (seemingly)

Wed Oct 9 16:59:01 UTC 2013
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

Hi All,

I have a very strange problem that I'm unable to pinpoint at the moment.  For some reason I am simply unable to get xfs_quotas to report correctly on a freshly installed, fully patched CentOS 6 box. I have specified all the same options as on another machine which *is* reporting quota

LABEL=TEST /exports/TEST xfs inode64,nobarrier,delaylog,usrquota,grpquota 0 0

xfs_quota -xc 'limit -u bsoft=900m bhard=1g user' /exports/TEST

however

xfs_quota -xc 'report -hu' /exports/

reports back nothing pertaining to the user

but if a do a quota user I get information back

Disk quotas for user user (uid 67876):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/mapper/DATA-TEST
                      0  921600 1048576               1       0       0

This is very strange and it's something new.  Can anyone confirm similar findings on their machines before I consider reporting a bug?

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw