[CentOS] CentOS 6.4, LAMP, MariaDB

Sat Oct 26 21:37:58 UTC 2013
Joseph Hesse <joehesse at gmail.com>

Hi,

I am trying to install a LAMP stack using MariaDB on CentOS 6.4, 64
bit.  I have installed MariaDB by using the MariaDB repository
configuraton tool.  I installed php by itself.  Both MariaDB and php
individually test fine.

I know that php-mysql has to be installed to complete the LAMP stack
installation.  From lots of googling I understand that there is a
php-mysql and a php-mysqlnd.  If I do:
# yum list | grep -i php-mysql
I only get php-mysql, not php-mysqlnd, even though the MariaDB
repository is active.

Will php-mysql work or should I try to find mysqlnd?  FYI: I installed
LAMP with MariaDB on a Fedora 19 box and, I don't remember how,
php-mysqlnd was installed.

Thank you,
Joe Hesse