[CentOS] Network Problem on New Install of 6.4

Sun Oct 27 02:26:23 UTC 2013
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.net>

I have a new install of CentOS 6.4 on an HP Pavilion 500-27c with one
mother board nic card.

results of lspci :
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR8161 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 10)
04:00.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. Device 539b

results of ifconfig -a

lo      Link encap:Local Loopback

wlan0   Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 70:18:8B:80:AE:71

There is no /etc/sysconfig/network file present.

The install was performed without incident from a DVD.

I would surely appreciate your help in trying to activate this network.
Is this a problem with the 6.4 disc or do I have a network card on this
machine that is not supported by 6.4

--
Greg Ennis
PoMec Corporation