[CentOS] CentOS 6.4 Installation on Dell R720

Tue Oct 8 10:15:58 UTC 2013
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 08.10.2013 07:25, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to install CentOS 6.4 on Dell R720 which has hardware raid
> card and 6 hard disk slots available.
>
> I have planned with the below set up :-
>
> *2 Hard disks configured in RAID 1 for installing OS
> *
> *4 Hard disks configured in RAID 10  for data drive.*
>
> Please suggest and recommend if the above approach is correct and let me
> know if i am missing anything which is crucial to set up a production
> server. This server will host MySQL DB server.

Is there any particular reason why you want to create two RAIDs?
Creating one 6 Disk RAID-10 would give you better random IOPS which is
useful for a DB System. You can still create two independent virtual
disks in that case or use independent partitions/LVM volumes to separate
OS from Data.

Regards,
   Dennis