[CentOS] sssd - ldap uid/gid does not match with uid/gids in the openLDAP DS

Tue Oct 8 20:59:15 UTC 2013
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, Arun Khan wrote:

> CentOS 6.4 (amd64) client desktop with SSSD installed+configured to do
> LDAP AUTH from an openLDAP DS.
>
> Groups in LDAP DS  -- dsusers (for all users), project1, project2, ....
>
> The objective is to give group permissions to directory trees with
> users belonging to various groups; users thereby inheriting the ACL
> given to respective groups.
>
> Test case --
> uid: jdoe,
> gid: dsusers (primary)
>
> On LDAP client workstation - id jdoe shows uid+gid as above.
>
> Then I add uid jdoe to the 'project1'  group in the openLDAP DS.
>
> On the client workstation -  id jdoe shows member of 'dsusers' only.
>
> Thinking it could be due to local cache, I have deleted the files in
> /var/lib/sss/db/ and still id jdoe reports member of dsusers only.
>
> I have also waited > 5 mins. expecting the client side cache to be
> updated but still the same issue.  jdoe does not show up as member of
> project1.
>
> In order for jdoe to show up as member of 'project1' group, I have to
> restart sssd.
>
> In sssd.conf, in the domain section enumerate=FALSE.
>
> I would appreciate any pointers to shorten the client side updates
> regarding uid+gid association.

Th default entry_cache_timeout is 5400 seconds, an hour and a half,
probably well beyond the "> 5 mins" you waited.

I set "entry_cache_timeout = 600" in the domain section section of the
standard sssd.conf for CentOS machines. You can set
entry_cache_group_timeout specifically if you need more frequent
checks for group entries.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com