[CentOS] Sendmail not presenting AUTH option after EHLO

Wed Oct 9 16:46:31 UTC 2013
Chris Boyd <cboyd at gizmopartners.com>

On Oct 9, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> You miss at least to have cyrus-sasl-plain.

Bingo! We have a winner!  Installing that package and restarting saslauthd and sendmail fixed it.

> On localhost port 587 really Sendmail is listening? I doubt! It is
> Postfix. Sendmail would have a different greeting statement than
>
> 250-pennzoil.gizmopartners.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to
> meet you

Yes, I'm definitely talking to sendmail.  I use greetpause and a custom greeting:

[root at pennzoil mail]# telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-pennzoil.gizmopartners.com ESMTP
220-Authorized use only. Spammers who send email
220-using this system agree that they will pay Five Hundred
220-US Dollars per message. Please send small unmarked bills.
220-Thanks for paying attention.
220 Have a good day.

I have yet to collect from a spammer, but you never know.

Thanks much for your help.

--Chris