[CentOS] SSH login from user with empty password

Fri Oct 11 12:51:43 UTC 2013
Markus Falb <wnefal at gmail.com>

On 11.Okt.2013, at 10:58, Rainer Traut wrote:

> Am 11.10.2013 09:27, schrieb Michael Schultz:
>> Thanks everyone,
>>
>> secure log tells me exactly what the problem is:
>> "User username not allowed because account is locked"
>>
>> Setting a password for that account unlocks it and ssh works as
>> expected. I guess I have to work on my account creation routine.
>>

> I haven't tried but
> maybe you could just try the obvious and unlock the account?
> I think it is
> passwd -u [user]

from the usermod and passwd manual page

... This puts a ´!´ in front of the encrypted password ...
... by prefixing the encrypted string with an ! ...

What I have as an example

/etc/passwd:login:x:10000:10000::/home/login:/bin/bash
/etc/shadow:login:!!:15546:0:99999:7:::

and ssh with keys works fine
What is in Michaels passwd and shadow?
Maybe he does not use shadow passwords and the behaviour is different ?

Another thougt, are there any AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit.log, maybe it is a selinux issue?

Michael?

--
Markus
Resident do not top post guerilla