[CentOS] - monitoring software

Sat Oct 19 13:52:22 UTC 2013
John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk>

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 14:49 +0200, Paolo De Michele wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have a dedicated server with several services running: ssh, ftp, httpd
> (with several sites andactive domains), the mail server (dovecot,
> postfix), dns.
>
> I'd like to monitor all of these services in a graphical, easy, setting
> of thresholds and alerts via email.
> I would also like that if a customer wanted to see the graphs I could
> create codes read-only.

Hello,

We use 'Xymon' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/)
http://www.xymon.com/ will show you what it looks like.
It will monitor what you want, and produce graphs (see the 'trends'
column). I gather it does alerts, but we do not use them ourselves. As
you can see it has a graphical frontend.
We use it to monitor our Centos and RHEL servers, and some Debian and
Fedora devices.

John.

John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001