[CentOS] VNC

Sun Oct 20 03:35:05 UTC 2013
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 17:23 -0600, Larry Martell wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com
> >

> > Anyone have any clues as to what could be wrong and why it works on a
> > > physical host and not on a VM?
> > >

> I believe that I just find the answer for this question. I have been
> beating up myself for the last few hours and I was getting the same
> error that you posted.
>
> ****************Test Environment**************
> 2 Laptops
> 1 of the two laptop has several linux KVMs

> The reason why you are not able to connect with the KVM Guest is because
> by default KVM Guest uses VNC, which will conflict with tiger-vncserver.

If the VNC consoles are listening on the KVM host's IP address, how could
both VNC servers conflict?

I suppose it depends how the VM networking is configured.  If your set up
is bridged, the VM's VNC server would listen on an IP address different
than that of the host.

Just looking for a rational explanation as to why your solution works.
 Thanks!