[CentOS] baby blue screen of permanent death

Wed Oct 23 04:01:04 UTC 2013
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013, Scott Robbins wrote:

> To view the startup, when you boot, hit any key, then hit e as in edit (I
> think--otherwise, just use the arrow key to get down to the line beginning
> with Linux and when you highlight that line hit e to edit.
>
> At the end of that line you will see rhgb quiet.  Remove those two words,
> hit enter, which should take you back the main menu, and then hit b for
> boot.  (I'm doing this from memory, but I think there are instructions on
> the screen once you get to the e for edit part.

Here is the last bit of the startup output, copied by hand:
Starting  abrt daemon    OK
user had insufficient privilege
Starting  crond    OK
Starting  atd    OK
Starting  virt-who    OK
Starting  libvird daemon    OK
Bridge firewalling registered
tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver 1.6
tun: (C) 1994-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk at qualcomm.com>
device virb0-nic entered promiscous mode
virb0: starting userspace STP failed, starting kernel STP
Ebtable v20 registered
lo: Disabled Provacy Extensions
_

At that point the watch mouse cursor appeared.
The text stayed.
After going back and forth between virtual erminals,
the mouse cursor was gone.

Does this help with diagnosis?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily