[CentOS] Should I upgrade Samba 3.6 to Samba 4.1

Wed Oct 23 21:33:44 UTC 2013
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 04:19:21PM -0500, Joseph Hesse wrote:

> Do you think it would work if I upgraded Samba to the latest version
> 4.1?  Should I consider upgrading to Win7 professional?

I believe win7 home only supports simple file sharing, which precludes
its ability for mounting real shares.  If this is indeed true you will
likely need to upgrade to win7 pro or premium.

							John
--
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of
a person or animal is at stake.  Society's punishments are small compared

-- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968), civil-rights leader