[CentOS] CentOS 6 kernel > 2.6.32-279 won't boot on ABIT AB9

Thu Oct 24 21:54:48 UTC 2013
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Tony Schreiner
<anthony.schreiner at bc.edu> wrote:

> Try adding the following kernel parameters and see if the 6.4 kernel boots:
>
> ipmi_si.tryacpi=0 ipmi_si.trydmi=0 ipmi_si.trydefaults=0

> Akemi
>
> Awesome, that did the trick.
> I do not see those parameters  in https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

Those parameters are relatively new additions according to:

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1212.1/02804.html

> There is an error in the boot to 2.6.32.-358.23.2
>
> irq 19: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)
>
> I've added the irqpoll parameter and the message goes away.Is there any downside to using it?

I think it is OK to add it. If your BIOS is not up to date, you may
want to update it to see if that gets rid of the irq issue.

Akemi