[CentOS] elrepo kmod-sk98lin.i686

Steve Brooks steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 09:20:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, Markus Falb wrote:

> On 02.Sep.2013, at 22:14, Steve Brooks wrote:
>
>> [2] This motherboard has a "Marvell 88E8052" as a second NIC, currently
>> disbled in the BIOS. Problem is that the "88E8001" NIC has to be "eth0" as
>> it is the one used in a "flexlm" license server file. In Centos five how
>> can you *force* a given NIC controller to always post at "eth0" ?

> I think that setting HWADDR in ifcfg-eth0 should do the trick.

Thanks for the replay Markus, I thought that too but on reboot of the
server it stayed at "eth1". That is why I disabled the other NIC in the
bios and deleted all NIC configurations and reconfigured when it did come
up as eth0.

It looks now like I need to keep the current NIC ("88E8001" with rx
overruns) as device "eth0" so flexlm works and enable the "Marvell
88E8052" in the bios to take over the ethernet traffic.

Cheers,

Steve