[CentOS] exclude in a repo file

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:42:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com> wrote:
> John R. Dennison wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 07:05:47AM -0400, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to set up this repo so that when I run
>>> "yum upgrade" it will only check the firefox and
>>> xulrunner packages from the remi repo?
>>
>> Add
>>
>> includepkgs=firefox xulrunner
>>
>> to the repo definition for remi.
>>
>> This will _only_ allow those specific packages from remi and exclude
>> everything else.
>

> Thanks.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  And I've
> made a note to myself to not only search man page for the
> a string, but to see if there is a separate man page for
> the config file.

You can also set 'enabled=0" for the repo, then after a "yum update"
from the base repos, do a "yum --enablerepo=xxx install package..."
(or update) for the specific packages you want from there..   This
isn't quite as full-auto as specifying the packages in the repo
file,but it will bring along dependencies that you might have to add
piecemeal.   Just be sure you look at the list of packages yum is
proposing to change before confirming it.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com