[CentOS] converting a RHEL box to CentOS

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 18:07:39 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

Google found nothing in this list archives for me but did find this :
http://www.unixmen.com/how-to-jul-convert-rhel-5-to-centos-5/

Before I just go try that on one of my systems can someone confirm
that it works?

I'm running RHEL 5.7 so I guess I'd replace the 5.4 in the URL with 5.7

Basically I let my RHEL licenses run out (never really used them) and
am getting warnings now from yum.   Want to just switch over to the
CentOS repos.

Anything to be wary of doing this?

thanks,
-Alan