[CentOS] Evergreen ILS on CentOS?

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Sep 16 15:03:26 UTC 2013

I spent a number of hours at one of the local SF clubs turning a desktop
into a dual-boot (if they ever need that for anything) CentOS 6.4 system,
then trying to install Evergreen, an oss library package.

Can you say, "dependency hell"?

I suspect they wrote it on Ubuntu (this is client/server software, dunno
why they'd do that). At any rate, I yum installed the postgresql 9.x
package that pgsql has on their official site, and that installed with no
problems at all.

Then evergreen. Which wouldn't build, because libmemcache was too old. I
tried to build a newer package, after d/l one from the memcache official
site.

And *that* wouldn't build, because it wanted something that libevent-devel
for CentOS 6.4 didn't provide.

I've got two possible routes, here: a) I can try to build an older,
deprecated version of Evergreen, or I can try to build a newer libevent
and stuff - some of which, IIRC, kde wants.

Opinions? Suggestions? And if anyone's worked with evergreen, PLEASE TALK
TO ME!!!

      mark